Thursday, October 11, 2007

Updates

Thing 5: Donate my unused clothes to charity
Soooooo close to complete on this one. Last weekend I finished sorting through my closet and donated 102 items. My husband says that's more than he even owns. (Note: It is not me who is counting this stuff... my husband insists on inventorying everything so he can be "honest and accurate" on the receipt so he can deduct this on our taxes, **sigh**.) However.... I still have to sort through my dresser drawers, so I'm not crossing this off quite yet....

Thing 7: Install chair rail & paint daughter's room
In my head, this project is complete (and quite beautiful, I might add!). I have picked the paint colors and bedding (well, I think I have the bedding.... to Disney Princess or not to Disney Princess? That, my friends, is the question.). However, I am waiting until the weekend of November 10 (hubby will be in Oakland for a football game) to actually do the painting and chair rail. (Trust me, the farther away he is from my project, the more smoothly it will go!)

Thing 8: Be a Non-Smoker
Four weeks ago today I had my last cigarette. No cheating, not even once... though I had a huge meal at a work-sponsored dinner on Tuesday and would have cut off my left arm in trade for a smoke on the ride home. But alas, I did not, and my left arm is happy that I didn't. Turns out that months 2 and 3 of the meds cost even MORE than month 1 -- up to $127/month now, yikes!! I really feel like it's not doing anything to help me (I still get cravings), but I couldn't justify stopping it after only 1 of 3 recommended months. However, I have no plans to take month 3... we'll see how I'm feeling when this month's supply runs out in 3 weeks, though.

Thing 10: Finish 1 more quilt (L&T)
I'm stuck on this one. The top of the quilt is done, I just have to quilt it now. But, my hubby's cousin had a baby and so did my friend from work, so this Thing got put on hold while I made those two. Plus, I'm not even sure where to find this mom to mail her quilt to her... I sent her a letter to her last known address and haven't heard back. Not much point in rushing to finish this one (or the two I plan to put after it on my list) if I can't get it to her anyway, right? (Yes, I'm justifying.)

I need to finish something soon, though... I already know what my next Thing is going to be, and very little gets done anymore if it's not a Thing on my list!

2 comments:

Luanne said...

The question is not "to Disney princess or not," but is "which Disney princess"!

Julie Arduini said...

You had me laughing out loud. If in our head counted, neither of us would need this particular blog, ha ha because my room would be painted right with your railing! You continue to inspire me in many ways. Keep up the AMAZING work.