Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Next Thing

This one is a biggie, and I've thought long and hard about committing to this publically. I'm not sure if it will be more or less difficult than Thing 4 was (go an entire day without getting frustrated), but I'm ready to put it out here in cyberspace, for everyone to see...

Thing 8: (gulp!!) Be a non-smoker

Notice that I didn't say "quit smoking," as I already know (from 13 years of unsuccessful attempts) that "quitting" is way too daunting for yours truly... so instead of "quitting" (which is way too hard), I'm going to make it "be a non-smoker." Semantics? Yes. But hey... whatever works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you're a smoker, coz you don't look like one. Am I mistaken here? Anyways, I just hope you could eventually overcome this challenge, go girl.

Kat said...

I hear that SO often... "you don't look like a smoker." Also, I'm too smart to be a smoker. Yeesh, I'm somebody's MOM and I'm STILL a smoker. **sigh** I actually had a feeling you didn't know, and I hate it so much, that I sure as heck wasn't ever going to tell you, Alan!! But, now my secret is out, so you can encourage me to be a non-smoker, right??

drspartacuss said...

Wow Kat, you tackle some big Things! Good luck on this one, we're all rooting / praying for you.

Julie Arduini said...

I'm late posting, but I've been believing on this one for quite some time. How is it going???