Monday, July 2, 2007

Thing 1: Before

Thing 1: Organize my craft closet


They say the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. Well, here goes: Hello, my name is Kat, and my craft closet is out of control!





Yes, the doors do close, but I'm leaving them open in the hopes that seeing this mess more frequently will inspire me to clean it out more quickly! And if the closet itself wasn't bad enough, all of this stuff is also supposed to be in there....


As is all of the stuff in here:

Yes, and all of the stuff in here:



Strangely (??), organizing stuff is one of my favorite things to do. Problem is, I know I'll end up making a MUCH bigger mess before this closet gets organized, and I have a feeling I'll get discouraged when I realize how much money I've spent over the years buying the exact same craft items over and over again. BUT... it's on my list, and I know I'll be thrilled when it's done. Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it!


2 comments:

Dx said...

Here are some alternative tips for dealing with your Thing 1. First of all, hire a dumpster. Next, get all your family, friends and neighbours to fill the dumpster with the contents of your closets. Next, fill your closets with party food and lots of booze. Finally, sit back and enjoy your new life.

Kat said...

OK, I needed this comment YESTERDAY morning, before I spent the entire day working on the closet!! I've made lots of progress, but I'm going to give serious thought to the party food and booze idea. I've think I've cleared enough room in there for a keg already :-)