Monday, July 9, 2007

Thing 1: Done! + Thing 2, too!

Oh, what a feeling!! It's a thing of beauty, really... a place for everything, and everything in it's place. You can compare these to the "before" pictures a few posts down, to see the true progress.


The best part? I got to use power tools!! I made myself this rack to store/hang all my spools of ribbon. No, I'm not sure why I own all these. You think this is too many? You should see how many I donated the the arts & craft department at my daughter's pre-school!

And yes, I found the bed again, too!

I was on such a role, that I decided to tackle Thing 2, framing the tobacco leaf and flag. Once I bought the frames, it took no time at all. Not sure why I waited so long in the first place. Of course, deciding where to hang them took half the day, but alas, here they are.... in the guest room next to my beautifully organized craft closet.


I'm going to take GREAT pleasure in cross these off my list. I'm not sure of the proper "5 Things Etiquette" for cross-offs, but I personally like to be reminded of my own progress.... so I'm going to cross off Thing 1 and Thing 2 and add Thing 6 and Thing 7. Still only 5 on the list, but I can see how far I've come.
Here are the two new things:
6. Finalize our wills
Funny, this should be an easy one. Hubby is a lawyer and on the very computer I'm using to type this is the software required to write our wills. On top of the very computer desk where I sit are drafts of our wills that we wrote over 10 months ago, but never proof-read and signed. I guess it's like the cobbler's kids going barefoot??
7. Install chair rail & paint downstairs
This will be a 3-part task, me thinks. First, I need to convince Hubby that installing chair rail throughout the entire 1st floor (and painting the wall below it) should be anywhere near our priority list. Second, we need to plan a weekend (or two, or three) to tackle this project, which includes shipping the kids off to the in-laws for a day or two (easy for the in-laws, hard for Mom and Dad!). Third, the easy part, will be the actual installation and painting.




5 comments:

Dx said...

Did I not say "Tuesday"? They're now posted as a comment under your reminder. And here's my apology, which gets the first one off my list.

P said...

Wow! What an improvement. Did you end up throwing alot of stuff away, or was it all just organization?

drspartacuss said...

That looks awesome Kat!
And good job on getting something checked off.

Kat said...

I did end up throwing out some stuff, and donated some stuff to my daughter's pre-school. But most of it was just organization. I'm usually so organized about everything... this closet has been a thorn in my side for a long time! It was actually fun to clean it all out, and now that I know what's in there, I'm on a mission to be very creative and challenge myself to use what I have instead of buying new supplies for every project. So far, my daughter and I have made a fleece pillow, 3 "foamies" pictures and several beaded necklaces. Plus, I have 2 baby quilts planned based on just the fabric I already had but forgot about. Yeah, as if I needed MORE projects on my list, LOL!

Julie Arduini said...

Wow Kat!!! That looks amazing! Now you have time to do those scrapbooks...