Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thing 4: Take 1

Thing 4: Go an entire day without getting frustrated

So I decided last night that this would be the next "thing" I tackled. By definition, it'll only take 1 day to do, right? So I went to bed last night secure in the knowledge that within 24 hours, I'd have yet another thing crossed off my list. Yeah, right!

Here's how my morning went:

5:45 am - Alarm goes off. I hit snooze. So far, so good.
5:52 am - Snooze alarm goes off. I get out of bed, determined not to be frustrated by getting out of bed, and head downstairs to make my coffee.
6:09 am - Out of the shower, getting dressed, doing hair, etc.
6:30 am - Done getting ready, I get my lunch packed.
6:40 am - Go into (almost) 4-year-old's bedroom to wake her up.
6:41 am - Begin trying to convince 4-year-old that since today is "pony rides day" at summer camp, wearing shorts and a t-shirt would be a much more practical option than wearing a dress, which is all she wants to wear these days.
6:42 am - Begin bribing 4-year -old with everything I can think of to get her to wear shorts.
6:43 am - 4-year-old begins to cry because Mommy won't let her wear a dress.
6:44 am - Go storming out of 4-year-old's room, sarcastically telling her, "Fine, wear whatever you want. Mommy's going to be late for work and it's way too early for you to be arguing with me!"

59 minutes without getting frustrated. I'm not sure if that's a long time or not. I'll spend the rest of the day trying to decide if I'll try this again tomorrow...

1 comment:

Julie Arduini said...

As I wrote on my original blog, I'm pretty sure we could find Bin Laden if we just air dropped 4 year olds into the caves....I have the very same frustration as you except mine changes shorts every 10 minutes and likes to fight me in parking lots! Hope tomorrow goes better for you!